Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 21:36:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Feeding the Troll (Was: freebsd as a desktop ?)

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> > Sorry, but there's no such requirement.  My heavy
> > desktop needs are sufficiently met with FreeBSD.
>
> I was comparing NT to consumer versions of Windows.

May I interrupt you for a moment and ask what is actually the use of
discussing very irrelevant topics? I have not followed this thread,
neither am I going to get involved in it, but I wonder what purpose this
discussion actually serves.

I have seen people complaining about off-topic threads on this list.
Interestingly, such off-topic threads would not exist if people simply
would not reply to off-topic messages, or stop a thread (or continue it as
a personal discussion), as soon as it has lost it's value regarding the
charter for this list.

Just my $.02

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org