Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:24:43 -0500
From:      "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@videotron.ca>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current dying horribly when using lp0

Stefan Schmidt wrote:

> Later I've tried newer kernel version, or just updated the lpt driver, but
> no change. I suspect that lpt.c must be buggy. (indeed, when trying to
> tcpdump on lp0, packets are not shown correctly due to some bugs in lpt.c
> (using wrong offsets). dunno if this is related to the crashes.)
>
> stefan

Do you have more information on what's wrong in the lp driver? I can't really
switch to ethernet right now so maybe it's better if I try to find out what is
really happening. Any starting pointers on what could be wrong would be
appreciated as it will be my first attempt at working on a FreeBSD (or network
for that matter) driver.

Regards

--
Stephane E. Potvin