Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:03:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kaila <kaila@o-o.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        kyfhon@fnord.to
Subject:   Something I found while poking around...

http://www.aplusconferencing.com/osc.html

    I copied out the basic text below (pulled the urls out into text)

    I've worked with the company before and never had any complaints about
their service or honesty.  I don't have any use for this myself, but thought
maybe the project could benefit from it...

    Everyone's heard of free email, but how about free phone conferencing?
Teleconferencing is a lot like IRC, but using telephones and voice instead
of typing.  As you might imagine, it's a lot faster, more dynamic, and in
general just a better way to have a real time discussion without all the
lag and distractions.  The problem has always been that it is so expensive,
that it's not really reasonable to use it for things like development work.
Now, that's changed.  A+ Conferencing, Inc (www.aplusconferencing.com) has
worked out a deal to allow free use of their reservationless conference bridges
during off peak hours for members of the open source community.

    This is a pilot program and at present limited capacity is available.  If
you are interested in taking advantage of this program, send an email to
opensource@aplusconferencing.com with the following information:

    The name of your open source project, a web site where information about
the project is available, name and email address for a contact person for the
project, name and email addresses for up to four conference moderators, and
a rough estimate of how many ports you expect to use (this is the maximum number
of people you expect per conference and does not need to be exact)

    Please be aware that no information provided to A+ Conferencing will be in
any way sold or shared.  Also please note that due to limited availability of
time and ports, that all projects accepted for this pilot program must comply
with the definition of Open Source provided by the Open Source Initiative
(http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition_plain.html).