Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 11:28:29 +0200
From:      esser@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        mdomsch@dellgate.us.dell.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCR810 problem?

Hi!

I'm sending a reply to your message regarding the
NCR 810 and install problems using a DEC DSP3107L
disk drive.

Since I'm using a DSP3053L and have received mail
from others that had no problems with DSP series
drives, there seems to be something wrong with your
hardware or system setup.

I need further details to understand the problem.

> assertion "cp == np->header.cp" failed: file "../../pci/ncr.c", line 5235
> assertion "cp" failed: file "../../pci/ncr.c", line 5236
> ncr0 targ0?: ERROR (80:100) (e-ab-2) (8/13) @ (10d4:e000000).
>              reg: da 10 0 13 47 8 0 1f 0 e 80 ab 80 0 3 0.
> ncr0: restart (fatal error).
> ncr0: reset by timeout.

The assertions fail if the command control block
for the active command couldn't be located in a
linked list, but it has already been removed from
that list. This generally means there has been a
command timeout, which does this as part of its
cleanup procedure.

Could you please send further details on your
hardware configuration and especially all SCSI
devices and SCSI terminators.

Could you please write down the ncr0 boot message.
I'm interested in the line that tells about the
IRQ used.

Hope I can help after I got this information ...

Regards, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser				Internet:	<se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE>
 Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen	Tel:		+49 221 4706017