Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:48:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "K. Greenwood" <k_greenwood1@yahoo.com>
To:        Angelo Munez <angelo_2871@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: copy configuraton to another box

--- Angelo Munez <angelo_2871@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Bros,..
>
> I need a little help... i have an existing freebsd
> box., im a newbie. the thing is i wnat to build
> another box and i just wnat to copy all
> configuration
> regardless of comilation of the kernel.. is there
> anyway i can do that,, to copy the firewall
> configutaion and all the rules of ipfw? thnks more
> power guys

Considering no one else has responded, I may as well
give an attempt.  The following page should be worth a
read.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#NEW-HUGE-DISK

That being said however, you have failed to inform us
what version you currently have/will be upgrading to.
That little variable could cause consternation.  I
assume that you know best whether you will upgrade
your system or not.

Good luck

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail