Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:58:41 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bus_config_intr()

In message <20000710204018.F86887@daemon.ninth-circle.org> Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai writes:
: Poul-Henning Kamp was friendly enough to make the following patch:
:
: http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/bus_config_intr.patch
:
: Basically this removes some often duplicated code and wraps it in a
: function of itself.  I am not quite sure if the name shouldn't be
: pcibus_config_intr(), but I welcome arguments, both for and against,
: before I commit this to the tree since it makes sense.

Hmmm.  I don't like the sharable bit.  However, that's likely a bug in
the isa bus.  No, wait.  the ISA bus will allow shared interrupts
(look at the boca boards and we do it here all the time).  I'm of two
minds.  On the one hand most buses the interrupts are always sharable
(pci), but on the other sometimes they are and somethiens they aren't
(isa).  pccard is interesting because it can share interrupts between
cards on the bus, but generally not with other things.  It should be
able to, but until we have the cardbus bridge support for 16 or 32
bit cards in place, we can't share it with other resources reliably.

Warner