Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:18:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        eT <eT@post.com>
Cc:        Hackers FreeBSD <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KDE on FreeBSD (missing symbols)

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, eT wrote:

> Hi alex, thanks for the speedy response.
>
> I can't find any 'fno-rtti' to start with in the
> freebsd-g++-shared/static?  So, I compiled it without that flag
> anyway.
>
> I will compile qt-1.42 and then recompile the kde sources and see what
> happens.
>
> Any other ideas?

The only other thing I can think of is that for some reason your
application and your libraries were compiled with different name mangling
schemes, usually this indicates different compilers being used (but not
always).  Make sure to use the same compiler and same flags for the
application and libraries.

- alex

You wear guilt,
like shackles on your feet,