Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:18:16 +0100
From:      Robin Melville <robmel@nadt.org.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.5 Stable and rpc.lockd

Dear FreeBSD people,

We've now turned our whole site over to FreeBSD and are delighted with it.
We use our FreeBSD hosts for NFS, email, in-house database applications, and
an HTTP "intranet" and development area for our external web presence.
Because this is a clinical organisation it's important we have good
availability, so we have opted to await your official releases rather than
tracking ongoing work.

Our question is about 2.1.5 RELEASE versus the imminent(?) 2.2 RELEASE.

We understand from several correspondents that a working version of
rpc.lockd is under development on the -current branch. Obviously this is of
importance to us given our NFS requirement.

Does the -stable release contain the rpc.lockd implementation, or should we
wait for 2.2?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Robin.
Robin Melville, Addiction & Forensic Information Service
Nottingham Healthcare NHS Trust
Vox: +44 (0)115 952 9478  Fax: +44 (0)115 952 9421
Email: robmel@nadt.org.uk
WWW:   http://www.innotts.co.uk/nadt/