Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 07:06:01 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        jdl@chromatic.com
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports startup scripts

    Jon> Well, I think these issues point to the more generalized
    Jon> problem of simply representing the "dependency graph".

That suggests to me that our startup ought to be driven by make and
not sh, then.  But then there's the problem of auto-editing Makefiles.

Maybe we can auto-edit Imakefiles more safely?

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

When I go, I'm flying Air Bizarre.  It's a good airline.  You buy a
one way round trip ticket.  You leave any Monday, and they bring you
back the previous Friday...  That way you still have the weekend.
-- Steven Wright