Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:51:43 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@yahoo-inc.com>
To:        clefevre@citeweb.net
Cc:        Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, chris@FreeBSD.ORG, rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG, sheldonh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New rc.d init script roadmap

Cyrille Lefevre wrote:

> first of all, there should be a consensus about the owner of
> this project?

	Given that I have a lot of familiarity with the current rc scripts, I
volunteered to help coordinate this effort a while back. However, I got
a promotion at work and the last few months have been spent preparing to
move, moving, and settling into my new home and job.

	I'm fairly well settled now, and was all set to get to work when this
thread popped up. Amazing how things work out that way. :) If the
consensus is that someone should manage the project, I'm still willing
to help. If not, no problem.

> also, who create the FreeBSD-rc's Yahoo! Group ?

	I did, because at the time it was felt that due to the many factors
that will have to be discussed about this project we didn't want to
clutter up -arch. If people are happy with -arch, no problem.

> then you have to submit a status report to avoid duplicates
> work...

	Well, my original intention was to announce that the mailing list is
open for business and that we were planning to start work on the
project. I disagree with David that a status report isn't necessary...
this is a project, and even though there isn't much progress yet, it
should be reported. :)

Doug
--
    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."
	- George W. Bush, President of the United States