Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:03:33 -0500
From:      "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Update module ports after Perl upgrade?

I just upgraded to perl-5.8.1 on my FreeBSD 4.9R system (5.8.0 threw an error
on shared.bs) but after I had installed mysql-server which builds p5-DBI-137-
1.37 and p5-DBD-mysql-2.1026_1 as dependencies.

In the past I have uninstalled perl modules and reinstalled them to get them
in the right place to use with the upgraded perl version but it seems a bit
hit-or-miss on establishing the new dependencies.

What is the right, or at least preferred, way to do this?

Thanks.

--
Jim Flowers<jflowers@ezo.net>