Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 09:23:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CVS Tree

Chuck Robey wrote:

> > I'm already removing distfiles to make them fit

Nooooo !!!

> FWIW, I wish WC would split off the ports and distfiles together into
> their own separate CD set, sold separately.

Nooooo !!!

> > it's not going to happen until I manage to convince WC to go to
> > a 4 CD set.

Yes, perhaps that is the way to go!

I can easily live without the "Live Filesystem" on the second CD, but i
_cannot_ live without either the ports _or_ the distfiles !!

The ports are fine, but they don't fit into every environment, so i'm
glad i have the distfiles to fit them to _my_ needs. In case the distfiles
are missing, i have a binary distribution and i have to spend more money
to ftp the stuff than for the whole CD !!!!!!

IMHO, the source for _every_ binary has to be provided on the CD's, other-
wise it's the first step to a binary-only distribution - and this is not
something i'm going to like at all.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
       There is a difference between an open mind and a hole in the head