Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:02:09 -0500
From:      Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Feeding the Troll (Was: freebsd as a desktop ?)

+---- Anthony Atkielski wrote:
| If you believe that UNIX is as good a desktop as Windows, then logically you
| must also believe that Windows is as good a server as UNIX.  An extension of
| this logic leads to the conclusion that the operating systems are essentially
| identical--but that obviously is not the reality.

I hope logic isn't your business.  By that logic, since a wrench can
pound nails as well as a hammer, then the hammer should be able to turn
bolts as well, and therefore a wrench is a hammer.

All you have been saying here in recent weeks (repeated ad nauseum) is
that Windows has a better desktop and FreeBSD is a better server.  Yes
FreeBSD makes a better server, but contrary to your unpopular opinion,
most think that FreeBSD makes a better desktop as well.  Your problem
is that you masquerade around pretending to be an expert while actually
knowing nothing (and flatly REFUSING to learn).  Many think X11 is
better by the simple virtue of variety and configurability of window
managers.  If you actually read some documents (and the help that has
been given to you in response to your incessant whining), your
experience with X11 would have been better.

I'm sure you'll be coming back with the "religious zealot" argument so
save your breath.  I am here to voice a more popular opinion - please
just shut up until you have something valid to add.

freebsd-questions - please pardon this rude outburst.

--
Steve Tremblett
Cisco Systems