Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:16:21 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "Pelle Andersson (SPD Systems AB)" <pelle@spd.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NewSysLog & FBSD 4.9

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 02:35:20PM +0100, Pelle Andersson (SPD Systems AB) =
wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> ::NEWSYSLOG::
> -------------
> I want to rotate and pack my logs for Qpopper and ProFTPD
> This is my lines in '/etc/newsyslog.conf':
>=20
> #---------------------------------------------------------------
> /var/log/qpopper.log	root:root	640	7	*	@T00	Z
> /var/log/proftp.log	root:root	640	7	*	@T00	Z=20
> #---------------------------------------------------------------
>=20
> It does not work =3D( No error messages or anything.
> What do I need to do?
> Any suggestions?

Hmmm... that looks fine to me.  What happens if you run:

    # newsyslog -v

I assume that newsyslog is actually running every hour -- that's the
default from the system crontab:

    % grep newsyslog /etc/crontab
    0       *       *       *       *       root    newsyslog

and that the other system logs are all being cycled as intended.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way