Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:01:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        root@buffnet.net (Steve Hovey)
Cc:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, shovey@buffnet.net, bradley@dunn.org, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

> > Excellent.  You have scientifically determined the problem.  Clearly
> > FreeBSD is at fault.
> >
> > It COULDN'T be ANYTHING else.
> >
> > (For those of us who live in the real world, this is known as "faulty
> > reasoning".)
> >
> > But hey, like, my old car doesn't work (anymore).  My new car does.  Clearly
> > Pontiac is faulty and Ford is not.
> >
> > What a way to start a Friday morning.  :-)
>
> i get the direct impression you wrote some or all of the tcp/ip code
> after 2.0 or something.  You are taking this way too personally.

No, I am making lots of fun of your logical processes.  Not only am I not
taking it personally, I don't really care too much because I've clearly
gotten the direct impression that you are not interested in solving the
problem.

Still, it would be nice to know what's wrong.  Because there are those of
us doing this on a large scale who (by your account) should be seeing this
problem on an equally large scale.  And I, at least, am not seeing this.

... JG