Date:      Wed, 05 Jun 1996 17:18:16 -0700
From:      bmah@cs.berkeley.edu (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Jim Dennis <jimd@mistery.mcafee.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions), support@ora.com
Subject:   Re: INFO: BIND suports round robin: No need to Rebuild

Jim Dennis writes:

> 	I'd especially be interested in any RFC's, white papers, or
> 	references to simple, non-proprietary load balancing and
> 	fail over tools and techniques (for ftp, www, mail, and
> 	related services).

Jim--

For Web servers, you could take a look at this paper:

@InProceedings{Katz94:scalable-http-server-www94,
  author = 	 {Eric Dean Katz and Michelle Butler and Robert McGrath},
  title = 	 {A Scalable {HTTP} Server: The {NCSA} Prototype},
  booktitle = 	 {Proceedings of the First International {WWW}
Conference},
  address =      {Geneva, Switzerland},
  year =	 1994,
  month =	 {May},
  url =          {http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/InformationServers/Conference
s/CERNwww94/},
  annote =       {Also in: Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, Volume
27, September 1994, pp. 155-164.}
}

Hope this helps,

Bruce.