Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:30:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 21" Monitor recommendations?

In lists.freebsd.hackers you write:

>I'm in the market for some 21" monitors.  I'm biased towards the
>Nanao/Eizo models (my 21" at work and my 17" at home are gorgeous), but
>the model I'm using at work is discontinued, and the replacement isn't
>nearly as nice.

>Does anyone have any recommendations for a *real* 21" monitor that will
>handle 1600x1200@72Hz, with a decent dot-pitch?  My current monitor will
>handle 1600@1200@76Hz, and has a .25 dot-pitch, and I'd like something
>that is comparable.  I'd like to spend under $2K/monitor if possible.

I run a NEC XP21 at 1600x1200@72 (maybe @70 ?) in any case, its extremely nice.
Very crisp clean picture, and has been for several years now.  The NEC's are
still a bit pricey I think.  It has a .25dp if I remember correctly.

-Crh
--

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich