Date:      22 Apr 2003 17:56:53 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fontconfig 2.2.0 on -stable

--=-zSiU03GBnkCqksGv40MA

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 17:51, Mike Hoskins wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 17:31, Mike Hoskins wrote:
> > > In tracking down some problems with a recent mozilla upgrade, I've no=
ticed
> > > fontconfig 2.2.0 doesn't seem to build here on -stable as of a few da=
ys
> > > ago.
> > You have some old include paths on your system.  First, delete all
> > versions of freetype2.  You should only have freetype2-2.1.4_1 installe=
> > (note, you may need to reinstall it), and the only libfreetype.so.9
> > should be in /usr/local/lib.
>=20
> Thanks for the speedy response...
>=20
> I removed my old freetype2 installation (only freetype2 has been installe=
> for awhile, at least it was supposed to be.).  libfreetype.so.6 existed
> (no .9).  I manually cleaned that, as removing the freetype2 install left
> it behind.
>=20
> However, attempting to build the new freetype2 (2.1.4_1) from ports fails
> during the install (build seems to finish fine).  I've attached another
> log of my results, this time of 'make install | tee log` in
> /usr/ports/print/freetype2 cvsup'd a few minutes ago.

This is an FAQ, and shows you're doing a UNIX no-no.  You should not
have '.' in root's path.  If you do want '.' in root's path, you should
make it the very last entry.  Chances are it's the first entry in your
case.

Having the current working directory in root's path can be very
dangerous, and can lead to accidents, and worse, system compromises.

Joe