Date:      Wed, 21 May 2003 03:30:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/51964: panic: race condition with realitexpire() called for	zombie

The following reply was made to PR kern/51964; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jilles Tjoelker <jilles@stack.nl>
To: Tor.Egge@cvsup.no.freebsd.org
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 12:26:00 +0200

 The system has not panicked since I upgraded and applied the patch
 (about 8 days ago), so it seems to be fixed.  The X server has been
 started and shut down many times (we use X -once -query ...).  The patch
 should perhaps be committed.

 The race condition (when callout_stop() is called, another thread may
 still be executing in the callout function) may be present in other
 parts of the system as well.

 Jilles