Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:18:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable List)
Subject:   HP Vectra 5/90 hard disk boot disaster continues!

This is fast aproaching ridiculous!

This bloody &$#@$$#!! machine just doesn't want to run FreeBSD.

Found a CD (a second one BTW the machine would see, but not read the first
one!) installed it, and created boot floppies from my 4.0 CD set.

Booted off the CD's choose "Install Boot Manager", chose FreeBSD boot
manager, and it STILL boots up to the "F1 FreeBSD" prompt, and will only
rewatd me with angry beeps no matter what I do there.

Several things are wort mentioning here.

1. This is one of 4 almost identical HP ectra's, the others are VL5/75's
with an earlier BIS., they all work fine.

2. This machien boots fine from a hard disk wiht NT on it.

3. I normally use "Dangerouslt Dedicated", so I may be doing something
stupid here.

4. The BISO on this machine has WAY TO MANY choices related to hard disk
options for me to be certain I have them correct.

5. This is the begining of the third week of the fight to install FreebSD
on this machine!

HELP PLEAS!!!!

--
Stan Brown     stanb@panix.com                                    843-745-3154