Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2014 14:18:03 +0200
From:      Mikolaj Golub <trociny@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
Subject:   Re: MFC r258588: Fix for VIMAGE

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 12:12:47AM +0000, Teske, Devin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently updated from 9.2-R to stable/9 and found that many times while
> attempting to shut down a vimage jail, that the box would crash. So I found
> SVN r258588 in HEAD, merged it into my stable/9 kernel, rebooted.. and
> problem is now solved.
>
> Any objects to merging r258588 to stable/9?

Ah, it looks like I was responsible for that bug. Craig, thank you for
fixing it. I think it should definitely be merged to stable/9.

BTW, wouldn't increasing IPFW_NAT_VNET_ORDER instead of
IPFW_NAT_SI_SUB_FIREWALL fix the issue? It looks a little better to me.
Also, I think it would be good to have some coment in the code why
this order was chosen. Or better -- to export startup order
declarations from ip_fw2.c to ip_fw_private.h and use it for ip_fw_nat
too, so it would become self-documenting and not break if one decides
to change the ordering in ipfw module.

--
Mikolaj Golub