Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 16:41:43 -0600
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern_random interface

Mark Murray wrote:
> Said Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>:
>
>>Other '*control' applications keywords, it would be nice to keep this
>>constant in rndcontrol (In my opinion anyway), something like:
>>
>>rndcontrol list
>>
>>Show a list of the random data sources
>>
>>rndcontrol enable rng0
>>
>>Enable harversting from this device
>

> ... etc.
>
> The rndcontrol(8) app disappears in CURRENT, so its use must be
> considered as deprecated now. In CURRENT sysctls are used instead,
> and the same sort of functionality as suggested is gained.

OK, I can take a hint :-) Time to re-partition my disk and install
CURRENT...

-stacy

--
If they keep lowering education standards and raising the price of
gasoline, there are going to be a lot of stupid people walking around.

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited