Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2005 12:35:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   LINUX base upgrade and rpm 4.04 port

For security reasons the linux-base version has been updated from 7 to 8;
when I follow the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING I get a message from
the linux-8 make process that I should have first installed rpm 4.0.4
(apparently /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm is in db1 format, and linux-8 wants
it in db3 format; also, the user "rpm" is apparently missing).

Should rpm 4.0.4 be installed before updating, or after, or not at all?

Mike Squires