Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:30:00 GMT
From:      Gerhard Strangar <g.s@arcor.de>
To:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/167441: editors/libreoffice - Unable to print

The following reply was made to PR ports/167441; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gerhard Strangar <g.s@arcor.de>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, peterjeremy@acm.org
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:58:02 +0100

 Hello,

 I just tried to upgrade to LibreOffice 3.6.5_2 and this problem showed
 up again. I'm not running CUPS, my "make config" options for LibreOffice
 are GTK2, MERGELIBS and SVG, nothing else.
 It compiled and installed without any problems, but it tells me there
 were no printers available and I cannot even print to a file, I don't
 get any error message for printing to a file, I just don't get that
 file. When I truss the LibreOffice start, there are no CUPS strings
 showing up. I also tried adding --with-ppds to the Makefile in the no
 CUPS part, but that didn't change anything.
 /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/share/psprint/driver/ does exist and it
 contains SGENPRT.PS and SGENT42.PS, a truss -f however, does not show
 access to this directory. I then tried compiling with CUPS support and
 with ppds and - BINGO, then it works. I don't know what CUPS is required
 for, but for some reason LibreOffice doesn't want to print without it.