Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 1995 01:52:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Gary Clark II <gclarkii@phoenix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Drivers

On Sat, 25 Feb 1995, Gary Clark II wrote:

> Got a strange question for everyone.  Why does our kernel pick up ALOT
> of un-needed stuff when you put the sound drivers in?  As an example
> I've got a SB and I pick just snd1 and snd2.  But when it goes to
> compile, it starts picking up things for the gus and stuff.  Do I
> have a wrong config here?  And if so, what is the correct config.

Well some clean up work is being done on this driver so this will change,
but in the mean time you need to define the following options in your
config (believe it or not) :

EXCLUDE_PAS
EXCLUDE_GUS
EXCLUDE_MPU401
EXCLUDE_UART6850
EXCLUDE_PSS
EXCLUDE_GUS16
EXCLUDE_GUSMAX
EXCLUDE_MSS
EXCLUDE_SBPRO
EXCLUDE_SB16
EXCLUDE_MIDI
EXCLUDE_YM3812
EXCLUDE_SEQUENCER

You may need to edit some of that to your personal setup.

Sujal