Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 1997 16:18:06 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upsd?

On Tue, Sep 09, 1997 at 12:27:14AM -0500, Jim Bryant wrote:
> isn't there something like a "upsd" out there to handle automatic
> powerdown upon serial port notification of a power failure?

Try picking up ftp://ftp.ww.net/pub/wildwind/upsd/.  It's in the
Ukraine, and last time I tried, it was down.

> i just came across a working 540VA UPS this weekend for $25.00 [APC 520ES]

Sounds good.  At that price, I'd expect the batteries to be less than
100%, but I suppose you could find some more somewhere.

> i'm guessing it's a 540VA as the 120VAC outlets on the back say 4.5A
> max, even though the model is the 520...

Don't count on that too much.  It depends on the phase of the load.

Greg