Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 12:12:23 +1100 (EST)
From:      Iain Templeton <itemple@elysium.clare.tased.edu.au>
To:        Paul Reece <paul@trumpet.com.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: weird problem with 2.0.5

On Mon, 6 Nov 1995, Paul Reece wrote:

> For some odd reason, the machine basically locks up totally with no warning
> and needs a reset to recover..  No crash dumps or anything of any kind - it
> just.. well.. stops!

So how long has it been doing this, since you put the new memory in?
Could be some faulty memory perhaps [ Reg says try pushing the SIMMs in a
bit more - apparently this is a common problem ] That might not be the
problem though...

Some of Osbornes in K1201 have been known to do that. Although that was
mostly at the time when we had the Network cards being subject to
interference due to the funny mother/daughter board layout. It happened
after we fixed that so maybe it was something else. The difference was
that the Osbornes actually rebooted themselves.

> Anyone got any ideas as to what exactly may be causing this?
> (stop laughing Iain!)

I didn't laugh until I saw this statement...

...Iain (swapped out yet?).

Iain Templeton, Grade 12 student and administrator of Unix boxes/WWW/News at
		Claremont College, Claremont, Tasmania, Australia.
		EMAIL: itemple@clare.tased.edu.au