Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:50:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        tom@uniserve.com (Tom)
Cc:        j_mini@efn.org, ahd@kew.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (over)zealous mail bouncing

>   NOOOO, not the hostname, the envelope sender address.  They are
> different.  You are missing the point.
>
>   This problem is completely solvable, with what you have now.  You just
> need to make a config change to your mail system.

Specifically, if you hand-hack your sendmail.cf like I do, add the lines:

Cwlocalhost efn.org
DMefn.org

At the appropriate places, and life will be beautiful for you until
someone starts checking your source IP address, if you are not
connecting through a "smarter host".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---