Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 21:33:57 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        maral@webnet.com.au (Peter Marelas)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org (user alias)
Subject:   Re: rlogin is blocked for quite a long time

> On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, J Wunsch wrote:
>
> > As Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
> > >
> > > When I rlogin into blues.physik.rwth-aachen (-current), log out
> > > and try to login in right again I'm getting after a minute's
> > > pause a connection refused.
> >
> > I've been annoyed by this one, too.  Often.  Even for nearby
> > connections (e.g. uriah.heep.sax.de <-> sax.sax.de, one hop; or even
> > on a local ethernet).
> >

> Im using rsh over local ether on Win95 to run xterm's.
>
> In .rhosts I have the hostname and the FQDN and it seems ok.
>
> ie.
> gate
> gate.co.uk

rsh is not the problem. I can do repeated rsh within short intervals.
It's just after an explicit rlogin. Also I'm not sure if it's a client
or server problem. Both systems are FreeBSD 2.2 resp. 2.0.5.
I tried what you suggested (putting both names into .rhosts). All I got
once was a prompt for a password on second login.