Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 10:45:43 -0400
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Fwd: File names and CD-ROM formats]

--------------0106EFDB4B7BAC97FD73EFAB

I don't think this got through the first time.  If it did, my apologies
for any inconvenience
--------------0106EFDB4B7BAC97FD73EFAB

Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 20:24:29 -0400
From: Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To: questions@freebsd.org
Subject: File names and CD-ROM formats

A few questions
1.  Is there a maximum pathlength in FreeBSD?
2.  What about a maximum filename/directoryname length?
3.  I need to burn a CD from a MS machine that I need to be able to read
with FreeBSD.  Do I choose ISO-9660 lev 1 (8+3) or lev 2 (31 chars I
think)  There's also some option to loosen the standard or something so
I can get pathnames > 255 chars.  And joliet, can  I use that?  It
doesn't offer RockRidge extensions (know of any that do?)

Thanks
Laurence

Please CC me, I'm not on the list