Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:44:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@onyx.interactive.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: iijppp Connects, But...Nothing

Chris,

Contrary to what I had told you before, did you set up a route for the
ppp to follow?  You do this using ppp.conf and ppp.linkup.

Change your ppp.conf to be (the set ifaddr and add are the important lines):

patrick:
 set phone 2310035:2313822
 set openmode active
 deny chap
 accept pap
 set authname *****
 set authkey  ****
 set ifaddr 127.1.1.1/0 127.2.2.2/0 255.255.255.0
 add 0 0 127.2.2.2
 set timeout 180

And then set ppp.linkup to have:

MYADDR:
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR

Also make sure that you have a /etc/resolv.conf
Mine is: (not that you need as many nameservers as I have listed here :)

domain concentric.net
nameserver 199.3.12.2
nameserver 199.3.12.2
nameserver 199.3.12.3