Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:57:09 +0200
From:      "Michael Schuh" <michael.schuh@gmail.com>
To:        schiz0phrenic21@gmail.com, "FreeBSD Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Changing Console Resolution - Vidcontrol

Hi,

first i understand your need's right! More Text on screen at boot time,
but i have never get this working at boot time, but directly after boot.

In my case my Kernels would be compiles with:
options SC_PIXEL_MODE

and in /boot/loader.conf
vesa_load=3D"YES"

and in /etc/rc.conf something like this:
keymap=3D"german.iso"
font8x16=3D"iso15-8x16"
font8x14=3D"iso15-8x14"
font8x8=3D"iso15-8x8"
allscreens_flag=3D"MODE_280"

In my case with german keyboard, change these things to
your needs.
The allscreens_flag you could get as mentoided in other answers with
vidcontrol -i mode, i remember that someone has tell you to use
MODE_279, but i doesn't know if this is the best case for all cards.

For a single test you can set the mode from one terminal (like ttyv0)
after logging in with
vidcontrol MODE_280
or that likes to your modes for your Graphiccard.

If anyone else knows how we can set the vid-mode at boot-time so that the
bootmessages are every time in such a mode tell me please how it
works. In the Kernel NOTEs i have only found a line like
options VGA_WIGTH90, but thi is not my desired resolution.

cheers

michael

--=20
=3D=3D=3D michael-schuh.net =3D=3D=3D