Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        un Known <dupaski@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting 1000SX nic to Simplex

On 2001-08-06, un Known scribbled:

# I'm running FreeBSD 4.3 and have a NIC I need to set
# to Simplex. Its an Sensor that should be in
# Promiscuous mode sniffing off fiber channel. The tap
# has two ports both sending data. I need the NIC to be
# set to only receive data. Is it a IFCONFIG option or
# do I have to set it up elsewhere?

I could be wrong, but normally the optical ports are hardwired to either
send or receive data, but not be able to switch from one to the other.
Fiber optic cards are normally full duplex by nature.

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]

// 404b - Brain not found