Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:40:11 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        Adam McLaurin <adam.mclaurin@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crash in gaim-0.70_1 when sending a tilde (~) over Yahoo

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:38:16 -0400
Adam McLaurin <adam.mclaurin@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:51:30 +0300
> Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro> wrote:
>
> > With  the last night update (gaim-0.70_2), you are right, it isn't
> > crashing anymore on chars.
> >
> > In case of a chat room with auto-connect it crashes on start; the
> > quick hack is to edit the ~/.gaim/blist.xml
> > <chat protocol="2" account="itetcu">
> > 	<alias>testtest</alias>
> > 	<component name="room">testtest</component>
> > 	<setting name="gtk-autojoin">true</setting>
> > </chat>
> >
> > and change the
> > <setting name="gtk-autojoin">true</setting>
> > to false. It doesn't seems to crash if logging (e.g. dbl-click) in
> > a chat room after the login.
> >

> Hmmm, I don't even have that setting (true OR false) in my
> blist.xml. Curious, what version did your current gaim configuration
> start with? Maybe this is a relatively new setting ..

Try this:

In gaim right-click on the Friends (top level with the arrow) list (or an other group if you have).
--> Add a chat.
Room: testcucubau4
cat ~/.gaim/blist.xml | grep -C2 testcucubau4

Now roght click on the "testcucubau4" --> Auto-join
cat ~/.gaim/blist.xml | grep -C2 testcucubau4

It's there.

--
IOnut
FreeBSD unregistered ;) user