Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 1995 17:39:29 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: new install scripts (where?)

> Presently it seems to be difficult to get a custom kernel
> onto an install floppy (boot.flp). OTOH I don't see the
> install scripts from boot.flp somewhere (/usr/src/etc/etc.i386
> seems to still contain the 1.1.5 install scripts).
>
> How can I (without intimate knowledge of disk slicing) get a new
> disk fdisk'ed with the correct FreeBSD slices without access to
> the install scripts?

I may consider making available a special install floppy - a floppy
with some changes to the sysinstall menus for greater "granularity" in
the commands available.  You would be able to write out just the MBR,
the boot sector, the labels, fsck the filesystems only, make the
filesystems only and mount/extract only as independantly selectable
options.

I was going to do this on my return, but now that I have good
connectivity in Ireland again and can make the changes remotely, I may
do it a little earlier.  No promises yet, but I will at least look
into it!

					Jordan