Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:20:31 +0300
From:      Anthony Pankov <ap00@mail.ru>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: using rc.subr only by root restriction

>> May  be  we  can agree at "explicit is better than implicit" principle
>> and  do  not  apply  a  login  class  when  ${name}_login_class is not
>> declared explicity?
>>
>> It will solve my problem too.

> No, because the whole point of the services at startup was to actally
> get the 'daemon' class. That was the intention all along and what
> happened to things at startup time. My patch was to bring running
> "service" in line with what the system did at startup time.

Ok.  This  was  introduced  somewhere  later then FreeBSD 9.3 and I've
missed this.

> It sucks - ideally we'd have a service manager that you'd request to
> run things on your behalf and it'd always apply a consistent set of
> things, like login class.

Unfortunately   I  can't  suggest  other  solution  then  the proposed
patch. The patch introduce an additional  logic  - service will  start
not in 'daemon' login class  if  executed  as  regular user.
But  I  think this is better then failing  with error and eliminating
possibility to use rc.subr library in scripts of regular users.

May be you'll commit it?

-- Anthony