Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 1997 17:52:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jimbo Bahooli <moke@fools.ecp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipnat + natd

I have tried both ipnat (ipfilter) and natd (from www.srv.net/~cmott) for
ip aliasing purposes. Both have worked somewhat to a degree.  However,
both went extremely slowly, 20bytes/sec was about averaged for any host
behind me.  Also tcpdump would spit out ip reassembly time exceeded
messages. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The connect
to the internet is 28.8 ppp, and ethernet for the aliased hosts. The
kernel is 2.2-STABLE and the newest ipfilter and natd are being used.