Date:      Sun, 1 Jun 1997 19:01:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James D. Stewart" <jds@c4systm.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   time daemon error in rc files

TWIMC,

We have just started running with the -current, and have switched our set
of /etc/rc* files with those in /usr/src/etc. We noticed that the timed
daemon was not starting at boot. It seems there is a misspelling of the
timed_enable variable that is set in rc.conf, and used in rc.network:

rc.conf:timed_enabled="YES"		# Run the time daemon (or NO).
rc.network:    if [ "X${timed_enable}" = X"YES" ]; then

We left rc.conf alone, but took out the past tense in the rc.conf.local
file in our working directory. It probably should be fixed in the
source tree, though.

Jim Stewart