Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:43:51 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Donny Lee <donny@CoreBit.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to make acpi go away.

In message <200109270310.f8R3Asm06567@mass.dis.org> Mike Smith writes:
: > > >  I only found this out today when my Dell inspiron7500
: > > > refused to boot past the ACPI message..
: > > >  Surprised me a bit as Mike has one of these.
: > >
: > > There's a well-documented and necessary hack to work on these
: > > machines; the actual nature of the problem still escapes me (debugging
: > > it is very time-consuming).
: > >
: > > debug.acpi.avoid="_SB_.PCI0.PX40.SIO_"
: > >
: > > in /boot/device.hints.
: >
: > that would be in loader.conf right?
:
: It'd probably work there as well, but I've always done it in
: device.hints.

It does work in loader.conf...

Warner