Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:10:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/31358: Updated patch for -CURRENT

The following reply was made to PR conf/31358; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To: Thomas Quinot <quinot@inf.enst.fr>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 19:05:08 +0200

 On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 05:00:02 PST, Thomas Quinot wrote:

 >  Thanks for your feedback!
 >
 >  Does the following look more appropriate?

 I like this idea a lot. :-)

 Nits follow:

 >   chkdepend amd amd_enable        portmap portmap_enable
 >  +chkdepend amd amd_enable        NFS	nfs_client_enable
 >   chkdepend NFS nfs_server_enable portmap portmap_enable
 >   chkdepend NIS nis_server_enable portmap portmap_enable
 >   chkdepend NIS nis_client_enable portmap portmap_enable

 This section contains unnecessarily weird spacing.  You shouldn't try to
 fix that in your patch, but the use of a tab between "NFS" and
 "nfs_client_enable" is unnecessary.

 >  +			if [ $nfsclient_in_kernel -eq 1 ]

 The style of the rc scripts mandates the use of braces around shell
 variable names, except for throw away variables like $i.  So that should
 be ${nfsclient_in_kernel}.

 I'd suggest getting your patch tested by -CURRENT users by posting the
 patch to the freebsd-current mailing list.

 Ciao,
 Sheldon.