Date:      26 Mar 2001 13:13:05 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel

davedude@primenet.com (Dave Mckeown) writes:

>  Im new to FreeBSD, and am not finding enough documentation on this
> problem. If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction it would
> be much appreciated. Thanks.

Try the FAQ question titled "Why can't I unset the schg file flag?"
[ http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/admin.html#UNSETTING-SCH ]

which will tell you:

    You're running at an elevated (i.e., greater than 0)
    securelevel. Lower the securelevel and try again. For more
    information, see the FAQ entry on securelevel and the init(8)
    manual page.