Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:52:33 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  Stallman now claims authorship of Linux

At 13:48 16-04-2001 -0400, Joseph Mallett wrote:
>Bill Gates is hardly RMS' opposite. The GPL is every bit infectious and
>virus-like as Windows. If anything, they're twins, just don't suggest it
>to RMS. Bill Gates, however, would probably have the sense to realise it
>was true.

Personally, I think of them as two faces of the same coin. As such,
they cannot exist without each other. Well, at least RMS could not
exist without Bill Gates.

It is interesting how a certain NASDAQ TV ad claimed that Bill Gates
wrote DOS. Now RMS calls himself a principal developer of Linux.

I think he feels justified because Linux relies on GNU so heavily.
Linux, after all, is not an OS. It is a kernel. A kernel that runs mostly
GNU shells and other GNU software.

Makes me wish we did not rely on the GNU C compiler so much: Next RMS
will call himself a principal FreeBSD developer!

Adam
---
Whiz Kid Technomagic - brand name computers for less.
See http://www.whizkidtech.net/pcwarehouse/ for details.