Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:49:21 -0500
From:      Joe Thomas <joe_thomas@cnt.com>
To:        'Alex Huppenthal' <alex@aspenworks.com>, "Archinaco, Chris" <Chris.Archinaco@marconi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: SR100069960 - Linux resources

	The API for the 200E line of adapters is available as
ftp://ftp.fore.com/pub/docs/port/aali.pdf. I just checked and
it is dated May 1997. This document never did list what the
changes from microcode rev to rev were, they simply put out
a new document. Quite some time ago, Fore posted info on obtaining
driver source and documentation for their new HE line of adapters.
The HE is not really an API since you'd be talking straight to the
adapters registers, etc. as opposed to talking to a microcode app
on the 200E line. I assume someone actively doing HE development
on Linux could point you to the right specs, else someone at Macroni,
and if all else fails, I could go through my archives but that would
take some time to do...

[Having done the initial FreeBSD FORE driver, I can attempt to
answer questions as my job/time permits. I do not have any access
to ATM equipment which would allow me to test anything, let alone
do any kind of debug/development work. Fortunately, there have been
several other folks who are active on the list that have stepped up
to the task so hats off to them! Did you see the comments I replied
with yesterday about examining IP mbufs as they come into ipatm_output()?
This would be the place to start determining who's doing the fragmenting.]

Joseph Thomas