Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:01:20 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ffmpeg patches to enable bt878 tv-capture

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:36:32 +0100 (MET)
Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se> wrote:

	I hate to discourage but ...

PB> This patch on the port "multimedia/ffmpeg" in the directory
PB> ffmpeg/work/ffmpeg-0.4.6/libavformat

	Should be avoided! Also note that you are patching a patch!

PB> Fixes:
PB>   Input mode to PAL.
PB>   Input device to TV.

	Read the Makefile - there are knobs for these, they are not
fixes for SECAM camera users for example.

PB>   Ability to capture from userland.

	I think you mean 'as a non root user' none of it is kernel
space code.

	Read only opens are in the version on ftp.sohara.org (see CALL
FOR TESTERS).

PB>   Proper handling of open() failures.

	It is supposed to continue after failing to open /dev/tuner0
you have added a bug by exiting when there is no tuner.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun