Date:      Fri, 02 Feb 2018 16:14:42 +0000
From:      Steve Pointer <spointer@humdai.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jails, ping, and now DNS

> Your problem is your using ezjail which uses the deprecated rc.conf
> environment-variable method. Most jail users have stopped using ezjail
> so support for problems like you are having is very limited.
>
> Every time you start a ezjail jail an error message popes out telling
> you to convert your jail system to the jail.conf method. That error
> message has been issued since 9.1. Its about time you do as it says
> before you get caught with a unsupported production jail environment.
> There is a good chance the deprecated rc.conf environment-variable
> method will be removed in 12.0 release.
>
> If you are addicted to the ezjail jail coding method then check out
> qjail which is a fork of ezjail that uses the jail.conf method.

The FreeBSD handbook refers to ezjail:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails.html

If this is no longer the best method then maybe this should be changed.  If a bug report was posted with edits to the recommended method what do most people use?

qjail ? Personally I have had success with iocage , which I understood all the cool kids were using now.

https://github.com/iocage/iocage

Am I in the minority in using this method?

Steve