Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 96 13:05:44 -0600
From:      Benjamin Tomhave <tomhavbe@martin.luther.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Remote X-windows

Hello, all!

This is a little bit of a strange question....

Netscape 2.0 on an HP9000 supports Java. I would like to see what Java does.  So,
I thougt to myself, why not install Netscape on an HP9000 and then open Netscape
onto my machine w/ X-Windows (my machine being the machine w/ FreeBSD 2.1). So,
here's what I'm wondering:  Is it possible for me to start Netscape from a diff.
machine so that it opens the window on my machine? If so, what's the trick? I
tried using rsh with an exec string after it to start an xterm, but that didn't
work (probably because rlogin is disabled on the HP).  But, assuming that I can
use rsh (if necessary) to access the HP, is it possible, then, to run Netscape
on the HP, but with the window being on my machine w/ FreeBSD?

Thanks for your help!

-ben