Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 1995 07:03:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Roy A.Mccrory" <mccrory@erebus.fc.dna.mil>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   config boca modem problem

I have a new internal boca mv34i modem which my kernel can't sucessfully probe.
The bios finds it before the bsd boot sequence begins.
I have tried adding "flags 0x0002" to the kernel config file without success.
using -c to probe the modem with "flags sio2 0x82" gives
"probe test 5 failed
probe test 6 failed"
and returns a status of 0x0.
When the system boots, i get sio2 not configured messages every 10 minutes.
I did use MAKEDEV to remake the tty* and cuaa* files again before the
most recent kernel recompile.
I visually verified that the jumpers on the board were set to irq5 and com3.
If anyone has any ideas how to fix it, I would appreciate hearing from you.

PS And I am running 2.0.5 off the cdrom on this machine.
--
Roy A. McCrory (505) 846-6937 mccrory@plk.af.mil
"Alas poor Dragon, I knew him well!"