Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:00:06 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de (Andre Albsmeier)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld failure (fix included ?)

Andre Albsmeier wrote:
> When the INFODIR environment variable is set, "make buildworld"
> fails.  This is the same problem as desribed in PR# 6138.
> It has been solved by removing share/info from build-tools in
> /usr/src/Makefile. This was done for -STABLE in version
> 1.109.2.28 and for -current in version 1.176 by bde.
>
> However, I assume during the E-day transition this bug was
> reintroduced in Makefile.inc1. Now we find it here in the
> lib-tools: target.
>
> I think if it can be fixed the same way as before (by removing
> it simply from Makefile.inc1)...
>
> What do you think?

I've done one upgrade build with share/info removed as you suggest
and without setting INFODIR. That worked. I need to try one with INFODIR.
Each test takes a while.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137