Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2005 00:56:15 +0100
From:      DanGer <danger@rulez.sk>
To:        artware <artware@gmail.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: courier-imap installation

Hi artware,

Sunday, January 2, 2005, 12:42:38 AM, you typed the following:

> Cool -- so now I think I may have the daemon running -- ps ax | grep
> pop reveals:
> 564  p0  I      0:00.00 /usr/local/sbin/courierlogger pop3d
> However, I'm unable to connect via a POP3 client...
> I'm not sure what my /etc/inetd.conf line should look like -- I'm using:
> pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root:wheel      /usr/local/bin/pop3d    pop3d

> - ben

courier-imap's pop3 server runs standalone by default... you should
configure /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/authdeamonrc properly and enable
pam authentication if you want to auth yourself with system passwords...

--
Best Regards,

| DanGer <danger@wilbury.sk> |    \\\'',)      The
| DanGer@IRCnet ICQ261701668 |      \/  \ ^    Power
| http://danger.homeunix.org |      .\._/_)    To

[ "Go cry on someone else's shoulder, I'm off-duty." * Troi ]