Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 1995 00:57:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jason Boerner <chaos@rivers.oscs.montana.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Install Problem With SCSI Controller...

We just purchased a DEC PC XL 590 and picked up a copy of the January 94
CD release from Walnut Creek.
When I attempt to boot from boot.flp I recieve the following message:
fd0c: hard error reading Fsbn 16 of 16-31
(ST0 40<abnrml> ST1 4<sec_not_fnd> ST2 10<wrong_cl> cyl 0 hd 0 sec 17)
Panic...

At which point the system re-boots.

This machine would appear to have the SCSI controller integrated to the
Motherboard.  However, it ships with drivers from NCR (For both DOS, NT,
OS/2 and NCR SCO UNIX).

Has anyone else been able to get FreeBSD up and running on this machine?
What was the trick?

Thanks